The Morning After…


We have all been there - Looking like something the cats dragged in whilst suffering a ginormous hangover. Oh the memories. Waking up the morning after a night out with your friends can be quite simply 'a challenge'. Its a task and a half. I think the hardest part is dragging yourself up out of bed and looking in the mirror. It feels bad just thinking about it! I have picked up a few tips along the way to make the morning after ten times easier. Just trust me! You can thank me later...





Bust that hangover and drag it out of your system. 


The first step is the hardest part - Dragging yourself up out of bed to face that mighty hangover. We have all been there. Sitting through a hangover is tough work, especially if you have to go to work the same day. So what do I do? I get rid of the hangover! Getting to the science part - Alcohol imbalances your body. It makes you feel like crap. By getting yourself a pack of rehydration sachets from boots - you save yourself a whole world of pain. Its a powder in a packet that must be stirred into water and drunk in one go. It tastes awful - I have nothing for that. But it works miracles straight away. The nausea goes. It goes. As for headaches, the sachet will also help, but you may still need to aid of a painkiller anyway. A cup of tea will also be a great friend in your hour of need. 


Shower. And treat. 

Drag yourself into the shower. It will make you feel so good. A nice thing to do once you get out of the shower is to add a treatment to your hair. Its faced tongs, straighteners and a hair dryer the night before - It deserves a treatment! I love using the Tresemme Argan Oil Serum. You pop it into wet hair and leave it to dry. It makes the hair feel so nourished and soft. I feel like my hair is from some sort of Pantene advert. Ooh la la. 


Cleanse and cleanse again. 

The next step is to 'sort yourself out' girl. Easier said then done. Grab your make up remover, I do recommend this Clarins Eye Make up Remover and swipe off that excess make up. Being drunk and trying to cleanse is a bit disastrous - you never get all of that make up off. So I would start with an oil based eye make up remover and then cleanse with a cleansing balm. The RMK rose Cleansing balm is a lovely one to use. Again the balm is oil based. Oil breaks make up down quickly with very little tugging. It also helps your skin out with a boost of moisture - something which after a wild night, we all need. And with rose extract mixed into the formula - its a winner in my books. I also recommend that you double cleanse. Who knows what you have touched! 


Perk your skin up. Its been through a lot. 

Your skin needs a pamper. Its probably gone through a lot in one night. I'd start off with the Avene Soothing Moisture Mask. It perks your skin up with a mighty boost of moisture, whilst calming skin down at the same time. All within 10 minutes. Its a nice little product to have to hand. Follow up with an eye cream. The Body Shop does a nice little 'Vitamin E' eye cream that tackles the dark circles and puffiness whilst injecting a load of vitamin E into the skin around the eyes. Your collagen will love you for itIf your eyes have really been through the ringer - turn to this. Its that good. The Birch box Gel Eye Mask is basically like cucumber on the eyes but better. Its reusable. Fridge and freezer proof and works a treat. Any product that calms and moisturises would be good for times like this. You can try: Ren Evercalm Range too. 


Embrace that face. But if necessary add make up. 

If you have somewhere to be, then make up will be a must. But if you don't - I'd keep my face make up free. Its nice to have a lazy day. Let the skin care do its work. I'd start with a light base. The Bourjois Healthy mix Serum will be the best thing for a morning like this. Its light and refreshing. To cover up the bad bits, I would go for the Erase Paste concealer from Benefit. Its a high coverage concealer that is moisturising. So dry skin types will adore this stuff. Its thick, so it has a bit of grip. This won't be sliding off any time soon. Obviously you can't go wrong with a bit of mascara and a lip product. But again, I would keep it light and easy. Korres do some lovely tinted lip butters. This range is very pleasing. They have a nice selection of colours and the formula of these are moisturising. Its light and faff free. The one in Wild Rose is my favourite. Your make up is set.  


__________

What are your tips for the morning after a party? Do let me know. 


Nadja
xx

8 comments:

  1. Ahh awesome tips :) I'm usually guilty of just whipping off my makeup and then lazing around in my onesie with a few pints of cold water and a bacon sarnie or two i'm afraid! I always find that a nice long bath sorts me out once I can be bothered to get around to it, with a good full body moisturize afterwards :)

    Natalie | Broke Student Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good method to me! xx

      Delete
  2. I think that all the Vitamine E series by The Body Shop is awesome. Too bad they have parabens... I've heard so many good comments about Bourjois Healthy Mix that I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a very nice range indeed. I do like their eye cream a lot! And whilst I am wary of Parabens, there is no proven research that says its bad for our skin and body. So until there is - I say use it. There are definitely worse ingredients you should be looking out for like Chlorphenesin, Sulphates, Disodium ETDA etc. Thats just the tip of the iceberg! And you should try the healthy mix serum - IT is SO good! xx

      Delete
  3. The Body Shop Vitamin E range is so nice & I find it soothes my skin. I always repurchase this range.
    Great tips in this post
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their eye cream! It really floats my boat. Thank you for the praise! It makes me happy to hear it! xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much - Enjoy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great informative post Nadja! I actually had a hangover yesterday funnily enough haha x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! I love them! You guys are my muse!