The Burgundy Lipstick Edit.


As the weather gets colder, my lipstick obsession has swung firmly over to the colour burgundy. There is nothing more satisfying then pulling off a gorgeous wine coloured lip. Its definitely a cold weather favourite of mine. And I have recently been building up quite a collection of them. Welcome to the world of wine lipsticks… 



Make up Revolution 'Reckless'

'Reckless' has a purple undertone to its rich burgundy red shade. Its that hint of purple that you can see seep through the burgundy red that makes this colour stunning. Its quite besotting really. And its a great shade for the Autumn/ Winter season too. Not only does the formula have an impressive moisturising formula, it feels light on the lips too. Its a great shade to have on board your collection. And it is a firm but rather new staple to my make up bag. Ooh la la


Revlon Matte Lipstick 'Really Red'

I could not write a lipstick post without popping a matte lipstick in here. It would be a crime. I adore my matte lips. 'Really Red' holds that really strong classic red shade but its dark enough for me to class it as a wine red. It holds a bright edge beneath its dark colour and thats what makes this shade rather lovely. If you love a good red and are a bit scared of dipping your toes into darker lipsticks, this would be a great starting point. Revlon do not let you down on the formula of their matte lipsticks either. They sit nicely and are very simply fuss free. Worth a look in my books


NYX Lipstick in 'Chic Red'

This is a lipstick that holds a bit of a secret. 'Chic Red' is a very lovely shade of wine red with a lovely warming pink undertone. It makes this shade rather bewitching. Its a shade of red with a beautiful twist. And its quite an addictive lipstick to wear too. I would class this lipstick as the most moisturising of the lot. It has quite a glossy finish and feels very nourishing on the lips. So if your lips tend to chap quite badly, you may need to pay the NYX stand a visit. Chic Red would be your go to option. Swatch it - Please


Sleek Matte Lipstick 'Russian Roulette' (*)

Sleek's 'Russian Roulette' has stirred up a bit of a storm in me. This lipstick makes me feel super festive. I know its a bit too early, but this is colour that leaves me gaping every time I look at it. 'Russian Roulette' is simply beautiful. This shade is definitely the darkest lipstick of the lot. It is a classic rich burgundy colour that makes you swoon. You all know that I love a matte lipstick and Sleek have really impressed me with their formula. It does not feel drying or like its going to chap my lips badly. Nope, this sits quite beautifully. It's strong, it's bold and most importantly it is matte. I love pulling off a dark matte lip at this time of year, it makes me feel all cosy and autumnal. 


________________________

What is your go to burgundy lipstick? 
Do share your thoughts. I love each one. 



Nadja
xx


                                               Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+

11 comments:

  1. Can I have them all? hahaha. Loved the post xx

    cecil // www.wednesday19th.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of MUR Reckless! Such a pretty colour. They're a bargain too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all stunning! I especially love Revlon Really Red xx
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sleek lipstick looks amazing!

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of these, they are so beautiful! Make Up Revolution Reckless is my favourite of the bunch. I have been loving KIKO Ace of Diamonds in 27 so far :D x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very pretty shades! I can't pull off dark lips though :P But they are fun for when you're feeling a bit fancy!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel so bad every time I buy a lipstick as I feel I already have that shade or at least a very similar one. But this post really puts me at ease, thank god I am not the only one. I might have a look at the NYX one next week. xx

    Cakilicious @ Brighton and Back

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try so hard to like dark lipsticks on me, but I can only wear really sheer and balmy ones to be comfortable... These all look so beautiful though :) xx

    Gyudy's Notes Of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all gorgeous! Love a bold red shade :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wet n Wild had a great option for only 0.99. I did a review of the line on my blog and I was actually mighty impressed with the quality

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is just pure <33333 Love this colour so much
    Love VictoriaJanex
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! I love them! You guys are my muse!