I have stumbled across some luck recently whilst I was 'Christmas Shopping' on Oxford Street in London. Miraculously I managed to snag myself some free sample goodies in two different stores accidentally. Oh how I love a happy accident! They make my day...
When someone comes up to you with a bowl of folded paper in the large Boots on Bond Street, don't just stare and walk away. Grab the damn paper! Trust me. It ends in happy times. This is what happened to me and some of my friends/ Bloggers whilst we were eying up the make up section. It was a lucky dip sponsored by No 7. I managed to grab myself a make up primer. And actually it came at the right time. It was just what I needed.
Because some of our friends joined us late, we decided to go back and see if we could get them to participate in the No 7 Lucky dip. They did thanks to a friend of mine and we got a second go. My mind was boggling with excitement. And I ended up with a mascara too. If your passing by this particular boots, just go up to the No 7 stand and ask them. They are happy ladies and they won't say no if its still running! I'd get in soon though!
I was shopping for the family and I passed by Debenhams, again on Oxford Street. Lets just say that if someone is outside a store handing you a leaflet. Grab it! Don't think its a bunch of crap. Because you may end up grabbing a free goodie bag. Oh yes. I was over the moon when I walked out of Debenhams with a 'Philosophy' goodie bag! I walked away with a new cleanser, a perfume sample and a candy cane, plus £5 voucher to spend at Philosophy. Not bad I say!
MY Christmas Shopping Advice for Oxford Street:
- If someone is handing out leaflets, especially in front of their stores ... GRAB it. It may surprise you.
- Stop by the front doors of Debenhams, they seem to be a great place for free things/ Promotions.
- Don't be afraid to ask the Boots if they have any samples or testers on products. Especially Bond Streets Boots. Every time I go there, I tend to walk out with a sample. Gosh. I love that boots.
- Don't go to Oxford Street on the weekends. Its not fun. Its chaos. For a simple 20 meters of street, 50 people will bump into you. Its not nice.
- If you fancy a good rummage in Top shop in Oxford Circus, book a personal Shopping trip on their website. Its free. And you get an exclusive changing room that you don't have to wait for.
- Oh and if you are stopping by, check out the new make up store 'Kiko Cosmetics'. It will amaze you. All bloggers MUST go.
I hope this post was interesting. Its very different. Ahhh!