New York: A Guide to Shopping


A short while ago I took a trip to New York and I spent 50% of that holiday shopping. I thought it would be a nice idea to tell you a few shops & brands you should look into if you take a trip there… 


0035mm Shop

For a while now I have been intrigued by Korean and Japanese Beauty. Whilst London doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of Japanese & Korean beauty products, I went hunting for some in New York. 0035mm is a small shop based in the heart of Chinatown. Tucked away in the winding streets, this shop is small but stunning. Its the type of shop that will leave you browsing for a rather long time. Brands such as Dolly Wink, Innisfree and Etude House are all on offer inside this little shop. From Eye masks to snail repair creams, you can find them all! Dolly Wink is a brand that does cosmetics very well. I recommend a look at their false lashes, pen eyeliner and Lengthening Mascara. All three are just amazing! Also the eye masks in this shop are truly something to stock up on! 


Duane Reade 

This is a drugstore that you can find all over the place in New York. If your looking to get your hands on some beauty bargains, this will be your cup of tea. Aveeno is one skincare brand I recommend looking at in Duane Reade. The Skincare brand offers a whole lot more products in the USA compared to UK. Products like a fragrance free cream cleanser, a light exfoliator, products to repair skin and even a CC Cream are available for purchase. Did I stock up? One word - YES. Milano is another brand that hooked me in. They have some lovely matte natural eyeshadows in store which make for a nice base. May I recommend the shade Cappuccino. If your off to New york - Make a stop here. 


Sephora 

Need I say anymore about Sephora? I don't really need to. But I will anyway! I spent a whole lot of money on my trip to New York in this place. But there are brands that I urge you to stock up on whilst over here. Clinique is SO much cheaper in the US - Take advantage of it! Bite Beauty do some absolutely fantastic lipsticks that you should all drool over. And don't even get me started on the mini's when you are queuing for the tills. 


_________________________

Where do you like to Shop in New York?
Recommend something below. 


Nadja
xx

4 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post, I will definitely bookmark this in case I go to NY in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ddi give my boyfriend a shopping list when he went to New York and got a few great bits but I'm dying to go myself :) xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love Sephora but had no idea Clinique was cheaper in USA will have to remember that for next time. New York is one of my favourite places to visit. I wrote a foodie post and a shopping post when I went a year or so ago: http://thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/new-york-new-york-so-good-she-blogged.html and http://thee-middlesister.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/new-york-food-more-than-just-big-apples.html if you wanted to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of Duane Reade until recently - I reallllly need to track that down next time I'm in NYC! I also need to go to 0035mm, it sounds like heaven! I love kbeauty. I've only tried a few things from Etude House but I want more! Innifree has so many beautiful things...
    Ivory Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment! I love them! You guys are my muse!