Whilst I'm not much of a 'breakfast' person, I like start my morning with something light and refreshing - which is how this recipe was born! Let me introduce you to 'Home made Strawberry Chia Jam with Rice Crackers'…
I absolutely love this recipe - It's light, refreshing and super tasty! The best part about this breakfast is that its healthy and really easy to make! In this post, I will guide you through how to make this simple Strawberry Jam from scratch. Its SO yummy - Prepare yourselves!
First let me tell you a little bit about this recipe. This particular jam consists of 4 ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to make. All of the ingredients are plant-based, unprocessed and give you lots of beauty benefits for your skin. I warn you that whilst this jam is tastier then the jam you buy at the store, its thinner and a little runnier in consistency.
2 Table spoons of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a great source of Omega-3 for the skin. They can help to reduce inflammation in the skin and protect your skin from sun damage. Chia Seeds will help to thicken the consistency of the Strawberry jam.
400g of Strawberries
Strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C and anti-Oxidants for the skin. They help to build collagen in the skin, boost your metabolism and contain many anti-aging phytochemicals for your skin.
1/2 a juice of Lemon
The lemon Juice will act as a natural preservative for this dish. It will allow the jam to last longer. Lemons are not only full of Vitamin C but also help to detox your body. They are said to help prevent Varicose Veins too!
1-2 Table spoons of Agave Nectar
Whilst this doesn't have a whole lot of beauty benefits for your skin, it is a healthy source of sugar to include in your foods. Its unprocessed and 100% Agave Nectar, no other ingredients included. You can find this in Holland & Barrett.
1. Put 300g of freshly washed & chopped strawberries into a blender. Mix in 1/2 a juice of lemon and 2 tablespoons of Agave Nectar. (The measurements of these ingredients can be adapted to suit your tastes too for example: Add more Agave Nectar for a sweeter taste)
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and mix in 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds. This measurement can be adapted to suit your tastes too. If you want a thicker consistency then add more chia seeds. This is how I like it though!
3. Bonus step: You could just leave it there, however I like to add some fresh cut up pieces of strawberry (about 100g) into the jam for added texture.
4. Pour your jam into an airtight vase and leave in the fridge to set. Let the Chia Seeds work their magic for at least 3-4 hours.
5. In the morning, spread this over your rice crackers and enjoy!
And voila, here is a healthy breakfast for you to all try!
Leave me with your thoughts…?